Initially, East London Lofts arranges a FREE appointment with one of our local surveyors to discuss your exact requirements and guide you through the details and process of completing a loft conversion. Our surveyor will complete a thorough design review of your loft space and discuss your options for making the most of the space available. East London Lofts then prepares a FREE, no-obligation estimate.
If you choose to go ahead with the conversion, your dedicated East London Lofts project manager will take control of the project.
The first step is to produce and submit all the necessary drawings for Local Authority planning permissions and Building Regulations approval. Once approval is received, the building work on your new loft conversion can begin at a time convenient for you.
A loft conversion takes an average of six weeks from start to finish. The typical stages are outlined below – actual stages and timescale will vary depending on the type of conversion you require.
Our site managers are on hand throughout the entire process to answer your questions and concerns. You will always be aware of what work is taking place and be able to track progress. Any new ideas you may have can be discussed. Throughout the project, East London Lofts takes care of all liaisons with the local authorities.
- Scaffold erected and skip delivered
- Water tanks detached
- Steel beams and new floor joists fitted
- VELUX® windows fitted
- Dormer shell erected
- Flat roof constructed
- First inspection by Building Control
- Electrical installation
- Plumbing and heating installation
- Loft space constructed, fire proofed and insulated
- Partition walls constructed
- Ceiling removed
- Staircase installed
- Second inspection by Building Control
- Plaster boarding
- Shower room fitted
- Final plumbing and heating completed
- Final inspection by Building Control
- Completion Certificate from Building Control
- Loft area ready for decoration